Re: upgrade solaris from 9 to 10 - Oracle issues?

From: zebra64 <zebra64_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:21:51 +0200

Hi,

we are running on Solaris10 Zones with Oracle 9.2.0.6 in one Zone and the application tier of the Oracle E-Business Suite on the other.

Running very smooth since 2005,12 with no major or minor issues except one - closing the application tier from the global zone stalls. The same script goes ok if run from the application zone, not the global one.

Oracle support said it was an Solaris10 issue and we did not get it solved anyway. We close the application tier from the application tier zone instead.

Otherwise Zones are great. prstat -Z says what Zone is taking what resources. If someone needs a server and the storage is at hand - a Zone is created for him and he has its own virtual server.

Greetings
Remigiusz Boguszewicz Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 14:21:51 CDT

Original text of this message