Re: Why does oracle support suck so much?

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:10:08 -0400

"NetComrade" <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote in message news:eh12529a4fktah3p065utobj09do2alp72_at_4ax.com...
> I have recently had to open 2 tickets.
>
> One of the tickets was on mysterious job ownership changes (multiple
> schemas, same procedure name, same time), I posted about this earlier
> (Apr 17, same day as I opened a ticket). It took Oracle over a week to
> admit that this was actually happenning, meanwhile giving me
> suggestions such as "Do you need this job? Can you drop this job?"
> (copy and paste from the TAR), while I had to repeatedly state
> something between the lines of "Oracle should not be 'confused' about
> which schema is running and should report which job is failing. Please
> search the bug database and advise on how to figure this out.. We
> can't debug our application is Oracle itself is buggy.". Eventually I
> was told that we must be hitting a Bug 4480940 SIMPLE IMPORT REASSIGNS
> JOB OWNERSHIP, but it doesn't look like this bug has anything to do
> with our problem (there are no 'imports' going on here). For now we
> gave up and 'migrated' to crontab's instead

I AM hitting this bug! (the IMPort bug)

Actually it happened to me just this week, and I didn't find time yet to research a solution. And to tell you the truth, I didn't want to engage in a long discussion with Oracle support...
Glad to know it's a known bug but is there a fix?

I tried a search on Metalink and it doesn't come up with anything with Bug 4480940 SIMPLE IMPORT REASSIGNS JOB OWNERSHIP Have you been able to access some info on this bug?

Will upgrade to 10gR2 as soon as I can lay my hands on it. Oracle have been late on this but HP told me that it should be ready THIS week (it's Friday I know...).

Thanks

Syltrem
Oracle 9206 on OpenVMS Alpha 7.3-1 Received on Fri Apr 28 2006 - 14:10:08 CDT

Original text of this message