Re: Oracle 9i on Solaris 10

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 12:02:32 -0700

>Have you seen the following metalink document?

>Subject: Running Oracle Database in Solaris 10 Containers - Best Practices
> Doc ID: Note:317257.1 Type: WHITE PAPER
> Last Revision Date: 22-JUL-2005 Status: PUBLISHED

Not a good idea to copy metalink documents to public fora. See the TOS: "Unless specifically provided in your licensing or distribution agreement with Oracle, the Materials may not be used to provide services for or to third parties and may not be shared with or accessed by third parties."

Nothing wrong with fair use (brief attributed quotes), paraphrasing, hyperlinks (since only people with metalink access can get there), cut-and-paste demonstrations from your own systems (well, maybe, wouldn't want to violate any reverse-engineering limitations now, would we?), opinions and advice. People without metalink appreciate paraphrasing, of course.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.humanclock.com/clock.php