Oracle FAQ:Year end report 2009
This report documents the highlights and lowlights of 2009, OraFAQ's 14th year on-line.
During 2009, this site was visited by 3,673,641 unique users (up from 3,461,315 in 2008). This resulted in 273 million page hits over 12 million visitor sessions. In total we disseminated 1.4 TB of Oracle related traffic on the Internet.
The OraFAQ Forum
Congratulations to the following new moderators appointed in 2009:
Year end statistics:
- Topics created: 9,839 (down from 14,151 in 2008)
- Messages posted: 55,165 (down from 75,603 in 2008)
- Users registered: 9,014 (down from 11,303 in 2008)
Detailed forum statistics, as compiled by Michel Cadot, are available at forum statistics.
The OraFAQ Wiki
The Wiki grew from 1,098 articles in 2008 to 1,120 in 2009 (2% growth).
Oracle-l and USENET archives
The Oracle-l mailing list as well as the Oracle USENET Newsgroups are archived on this site. These resources are still heavily used, but are declining in popularity year after year. 2009 (like the year before) was, unfortunately, no exception. Here are the statistics:
Oracle-l mailing list:
- 8,471 mailing list posts were archived, down from 9317 in 2008.
- comp.databases.oracle.server 6,469 posts (down from 10,126 in 2008)
- comp.databases.oracle.tools 268 posts (down from 441 in 2008)
- comp.databases.oracle.misc 1,618 posts (down from 2,962 in 2008)
- comp.databases.oracle.marketplace 1,032 posts (down from 7,892 in 2008)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR1 released on 1 July 2009.
- Oracle 11gR2 was released on 1 September 2009.
- Oracle changed their certification provider from Prometric to Pearson VUE.
- Oracle retired the Classic Metalink interface to their My Support website.
In summary, site visits are higher than in 2008, however less users registered or posted messages to our forums. As seen in previous years, the Oracle-l mailing list and USENET newsgroups also continued their year after year decline in popularity.
Thank for your continued support and contribution to this site's success. May you all have a great and prosperous 2010!