Extracting only changed data

From: <joel-hammond-smith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2006 21:12:39 -0700

We have a large (100's gigs) OLTP (v9) database which is propreitary to a vendor. We would like to extract data near real time for reporting when the system becomes unavailable.

Ideally we would extract on the inserted or updated data versus pulling it out all out.

We cannot add insert/update triggers to tables but is there an alternative which fulfills the same requirement.

I would imagine it to be a 'virtual trigger' which doesnt screw up the vendor schema - but tells us when data is changing in a table.

Wishful thinking perhaps....?

Joel Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 23:12:39 CDT

Original text of this message