Re: alter table extend

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2006 11:21:09 -0700

bdbafh_at_gmail.com wrote:
> that smells of Oracle 7.3.
> What version of the database server software are you using?
> Pretty much everything after 7.3 defaults to maxextents unlimited.
>
> -bdbafh

I'd also wonder about the blocksize. I seem to recall the default 2K blocksize limiting extents to 121, requiring rebuilding any object hitting that with larger extents, and contributing to myths about trying to get things into one large initial extent.

Little things like that are why we ask for platform and version information, folks!

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  This showed up in the advertising pane next to
google groups: