Re: How to Create Local Temporary Table

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 10:40:04 -0700

Resant wrote:
> Hi,
> I just migrate from SQL Server to Oracle.
> I usually use local temporary table in my SQL Server queries (sign with
> '#').
> Now, could I create the local temporary table in Oracle too?
> Please help me, some example would be appreciated 'cause it will help
> me to understand.
>
> Thanks,
> Resant

I suggest you open a feature enhancement request with Oracle. But Oracle may have good reason not to follow this DBMS standard. (I didn't find the ANSI standard per se for now. But with a quick search I find local temporary tables at
http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip127-2.htm). Tell Oracle that Note:68098.1 implies lack of support of local temp tables is a drawback and is temporary.

Not sure what Oracle Rdb's local temp tables exactly are. If you find them to be equivalent to that in SQL Server, mention it in your request with Oracle.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 12:40:04 CDT

Original text of this message