Re: Pct Free, Pct Used.

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:03:51 GMT

> Quick Question regarding this topic. If I have a table that is fixed
> lenght (two number(9)) columns and the only thing I do to this table is
> insert rows, select rows, or delete rows would I ever want to have pct
> free anything other htan 0%?

If you will not be updating the rows, then saving a bit of room at the end of the data block will just amount to unused space. So you may want to consider setting PCTFREE=0.

That being said, you may want to consider using Automatic Segment Space Management (ASSM) in Oracle 9i and higher and stop worrying about setting PCTFREE.

HTH,
Brian

--

Brian Peasland