Re: Backup en Caliente

From: <rankbishop_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 02:25:04 -0700

Yes, but, "ALTER SYSTEM ARCHIVE LOG CURRENT', moves online redo logs data to archived redo logs. If I do a hot backup of tablespaces and control file ("alter database backup controlfile to
'd:\backup\controlAbr181158'; alter system switch logfile") and copy
the archived redo logs and I try to recover until time
'2006-04-18:11:58:04' (date created of controlAbr181158), I suppose
that online redo logs are not required for recovering. I try this option because if there is a complete hardware failure I would lose the online redo logs too (although I had mirrored them). If I can not made a hot backup of online redo logs, but I have a hot backup of tablespaces files, control file and archived redo logs(at a given date), I try recovering without using online redo logs (if it's possible). Although I lost the last changes (at least I could recover my database quickly at a date).
I know this scenario is not very common, but I think it should be taken into account.

(excuse me if not always I'm clear; English is not my native language). Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 04:25:04 CDT

Original text of this message