Re: Has anyone experienced Oracle IAS connection dropping unexpectingly?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:49:40 +0200

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:05:35 +0200, Jan Gerrit Kootstra <jan.gerrit_at_kootstra.org.uk> wrote:

>Dear HP-UX sysadmins,
>

>Has anyone experienced Oracle IAS connection dropping unexpectingly?
>
>Our customer works with a 'complicated' environment:
>
>PC <-> Citrix-farm <-> HP9000 (HP-UX 11.x) with Oracle IAS <-> HP9000
>(HP-UX 11.x) with Oracle 9.x
>
><-> means connects to
>
>Where should we look first to find dropping connections.
>

>Kind regards,
>

>Jan Gerrit Kootstra
>
>P.S. Please send a copy to the cc: address, no UseNet client at the office.

Yes, I have seen that on an overloaded system with both IAS and Oracle database.
I would check WebCache (and the associated access and error logs) and especially Apache (httpd)
In our case customer is making heavy use of SSL and SSL posed way more access than ordinary connections.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA