Auditing Table Access

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2006 02:56:00 -0700

Hello,

In Oracle 9i and later is there a trigger I can use to detect when a table is accessed? I do not want to enabled full blown auditing on a particular database. It would be very useful too if I could determine if it was just a SELECT or DML (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE).

My thought was simply to create a table and insert a record with the date, username, clientname, type (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE,DELETE) every time the table I want to audit is accessed.

Thanks,

Michael42 Received on Mon Apr 10 2006 - 04:56:00 CDT

Original text of this message