RMAN and tape backup

From: Bruce <brucemcgill.nyc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 00:45:03 -0700

Hi,

I understand that RMAN can't backup to tape (ie it can backup to disk) without interfacing to a product like Legato or Veritas NetBackup. We run a development database on a Sun Fire V880 server and have Oracle 9i installed on Sun Solaris 9. The tape drive is DLT 7000. Since it is a development database, we can shutdown when there are no activities.

My question is - Do any of you perform regular backup, restore and recovery procedures to disk and then to tape? What are the challenges you have faced? Is it a common practise?

Regards,
Bruce Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 02:45:03 CDT

Original text of this message