Re: ORA-00474: SMON process terminated with error

From: Satheesh Babu.S <satheeshbabu.s_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 18:20:16 -0700

Hi,
  We had the similar problem with our windows box earlier. Support has advised us to upgrade to next patchset and it solved the problem.   When one of the background process dies, pmon or smon will bring the db down with ora-474 or ora-472. In my case the errorstack event 474 doesn't provide much info. Somehow upgrading the DB did the trick.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Babu.S Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 20:20:16 CDT

Original text of this message