Re: PING: Dan Morgan - re. PSOUG training

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:07:25 -0700

BD wrote:
> Dan:
>
> I figured this question might be of generic-enough interest to include
> as a group post rather than a private email.
>
> I'm in the process of attempting to register for the upcoming RAC
> workshop you're participating in on Vancouver Island.
>
> I know that this course is not Oracle Curriculum, but is rather a
> PSOUG-provided session.
>
> I'm wondering what kind of (if any) printed materials would be included
> as part of the workshop - I'd hope to have some materials outlining the
> planning and implementation processes, so I can put my energy into
> understanding what's going on, rather than trying to make copious notes
> of everything that is said through the workshop, so that when I
> ultimately deploy in the field, I have all the information I'd want to
> have on hand.
>
> I went to the PSOUG.ORG site, and am looking through the Morgan's
> Library page - lots of interesting stuff there.
>
> Can you comment on how the PSOUG courses are presented, in terms of
> written support materials?
>
> Thanks! (and hopefully, I'll see you in a couple of weeks!)
>
> BD

Book 1: Network and Operating System

Lab 1: Network Setup				  	 5
Lab 2: Install RedHat Enterprise Linux 4	  	 6
Lab 3: Configure Linux for Clusterware Installation	31

Book 2:  Oracle Clusterware and Database
Lab 4: Clusterware Installation		  		 5
Lab 5: Install Database Software			10
Lab 6: Oracle Network Configuration Assistant (NETCA)   12
Lab 7: Create RAC Database				13
Lab 8: Verify Cluster Database				15
Otional Lab: Post Installation Tasks			19
Final Exam						20

Book 3:  RAC Administration Guide
Lab 10: Verify Cluster Database Files			 5
Lab 11: Tools Used To Monitor and Manage Services	 9
Lab 12: Tracing A Failover				14
Lab 13: Starting and Stopping a Node			18
Lab 14: Monitoring the Instance				24
Lab 15: Adding and Removing Nodes			27

Book 4: Miniatures of the PowerPoint slides for note taking. All of the hands-on classes are taught with the goal of not causing slow-death by PowerPoint.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org