How To Extract Hour From A Date Column In A Table?

From: <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 14:41:10 -0700

All,

I can not work out the proper syntax to extract the hour from a date column in my table.

Examples I have found select from DUAL, but I want it from a user table instead.

An example like:

SELECT extract(hour from my_date_column 'HH24') as TheHour from my_table;

doesn't work at all, I get syntax error.

Has anyone done this and can provide working syntax? Thanks in advance.

CD Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 16:41:10 CDT

Original text of this message