Re: 9i Slow SQL Performance - EXPERTS apply within

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 09:20:44 -0700

Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. The first table in the sql is actually a view as you suggest. However, adding 'select /*+ no_merge (chops_web.va_voyage_list)' yielded no speed increase. I think the problem could be related to the differences between how 8i and 9i execute queries. Our developers are now working on reconstructing the query and have already yielded some improvements (the code in the posting is a subset of the sql that I was running).

BTW apologies for my posts appearing twice. Seems to be a problem with my Groups account.

regards
John Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 11:20:44 CDT

Original text of this message