Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » db server not allowing to insert or update.
db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289002] Wed, 19 December 2007 04:43 Go to next message
mrkcse
Iam using database server system installed with oracle 10g.Iam accessing the server through vb6.0 application, for some months it has worked fine all insertions,updations presently from last last week it is not working.
Recently server accidently got shutdown and services were not automatically restarted so we have restarted it manually from then all insertions,updations are not working from front end with same application.

what might be the reason can i resume my previous server settings? how to fix this problem.

Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289013 is a reply to message #289002] Wed, 19 December 2007 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
varu123
>>db server not allowing to insert or update.
Is this the error message you got in your alert files,trace fiels and listener.log files?
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289060 is a reply to message #289013] Wed, 19 December 2007 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrkcse
from front end any updations or insertions are not performing how to fix this.
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289066 is a reply to message #289060] Wed, 19 December 2007 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What does the front-end application say? Is there any error message? If so, which one is it?
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289186 is a reply to message #289002] Thu, 20 December 2007 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrkcse
in one partucular table one date column it is not getting updated.Same application working using local database perfectly.

we have to approve the todays date. Using local database it is approved. Whenever we are accessing the application with database present in server it is showing the message " already approved"
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289197 is a reply to message #289186] Thu, 20 December 2007 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which part of the application is responsible for displaying this message? For example, if it is a form trigger, what does it do? If it is a database (stored) function or a procedure, how does it look like? Also, what does a user have to do in order to "approve" something? Click a button? If so, what's the code behind it?
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289200 is a reply to message #289197] Thu, 20 December 2007 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
So now we have gone from

Quote:

all insertions,updations are not working from front end

to

Quote:

in one partucular table one date column it is not getting updated

Let me have a look in my crystal ball. /forum/fa/1659/0/

Hmmmm.. There is something behind that fog on the left side, I believe. Could be someone developer having used implicit date conversions somewhere. Could of course be something completely different too. Maybe it's time to sacrifice a chicken.

Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289271 is a reply to message #289200] Thu, 20 December 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrkcse
actually one particular table it is not getting updated depending on this data in this particular table other tables are not updating.so thats why i mentioned like that.

actuall problem is iam not able to update one particular table from my vb6.0 application to server sytem.The same application when i try to update using local database to my sytem it is working.From coding side everything is fine.

what could be the problem and please tell some suggestions.
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289282 is a reply to message #289271] Thu, 20 December 2007 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
Quote:

From coding side everything is fine

I don't think so. If the coding would be fine, you would get some sort of error message when a database transactions fails.

And you already have suggestions, follow up on them. Without seeing the actual code that is failing I'm out of suggestions.
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289302 is a reply to message #289282] Thu, 20 December 2007 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Check for Triggers if some one created trigger to block insertion /updation?
Re: db server not allowing to insert or update. [message #289306 is a reply to message #289302] Thu, 20 December 2007 11:21 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Or, did someone DISABLE a trigger which is enabled in your local database (and this trigger, actually, should insert/update records in another table)?
Previous Topic: Archive backup
Next Topic: Max SGA Size on Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 22:35:06 CDT 2024