Home » RDBMS Server » Security » UNABLE TO LOGIN
UNABLE TO LOGIN [message #200308] Mon, 30 October 2006 05:42 Go to next message
Getting thro'
HI ALLL...

I'M USING ORACLE9i IN WINDOWS PLATFORM.

I TRIED THE FOLLOWING IN THE DEFAULT SERVICE OR DB(ie; WHILE INSTALLING THE ORACLE A DB WILL BE CREATE IN THAT).

I'M UNABLE TO ACCESS THE ORACLE BY SYSTEM DEFAULT USER. EVENTHOUGH IF CREATE A NEW USER I CAN'T ABLE TO LOGIN.

I TRIED WITH FOLLOWING USERID AND PASSWORD:

SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL OR SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL@SYSDBA
SYSTEM/MANAGER OR SYSTEM/MANAGER@SYSDBA
SCOTT/TIGER OR SCOTT/TIGER@SYSDBA
THE ERROR IS ORA-01017 FOR FIRST PART AND ORA-12154 FOR SECOND PART.
EVENTHOUGH I TRIED IN BOTH CASES.

BUT I HAVE DIFFERENT DB OR SERVICE IN THAT ALL USER ARE ABLE TO LOGIN WITHOUT ANY ISSUES.

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ISSUE...

THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Re: UNABLE TO LOGIN [message #200319 is a reply to message #200308] Mon, 30 October 2006 06:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is quite obvious: you didn't specify valid credentials.
Oracle
ORA-01017 invalid username/password; logon denied

Cause: An invalid username or password was entered in an attempt to log on to Oracle. The username and password must be the same as was specified in a GRANT CONNECT statement. If the username and password are entered together, the format is: username/password.

Action: Enter a valid username and password combination in the correct format.
Oracle
ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name

Cause: The service name specified is not defined correctly in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Action: Make the following checks and correct the error:

Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper place and accessible. See the operating system specific manual for details on the required name and location.

Check to see that the service name exists in one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files and add it if necessary.

Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the file. Particularly look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Any error in a TNSNAMES.ORA file makes it unusable. See the Oracle Net Services Administrator's Guide. If possible, regenerate the configuration files using the Oracle Network Manager.

If there are a few databases in your TNSNAMES.ORA, you'll have to specify a database you are connecting to. I, somehow, doubt that database alias is 'SYSDBA' (as you've put it). I, also, don't know which databases are available to you - check it for yourself in TNSNAMES.ORA. Possible combinations could be the ones you've tried, but (probably) NOT @sysdba.

[EDIT] Oh, yes ... please, press <Caps Lock> once again.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 October 2006 06:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: changing passwords
Next Topic: rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:40:19 CDT 2024