Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS?
Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #157207] Wed, 01 February 2006 01:00 Go to next message
malar_dm
Hi friends!

I need ur guidance regarding oracle database security system.

I want to create new username and password like scott and tiger in sql*plus.According to my knowledge, I went to administration assistant for windows nt/oracle, in that i select the action menu – connect database. It shows new window. By default OS authenticated connection as sysdba get selected, simply I select connect button.

In the database tree, it displayed external os users,local roles,external os roles,os database administrators, os database operators.

I select local roles, it list out the users like AQ_USER_ROLE,DBA etc.,

I created new user, named as MALAR1. In that I Right click and select the properties, it displayed general, system privileges & roles.

In general I applied the new password & click apply and ok.

But the user not get created, when I applied in Sql*plus. Ultimately the password also get changed in MALAR1 properties.

I herewith attach the templates for this process

Please do help........

Thank u.

With regards
Malar.d

• Attachment: Templates.doc
    (Size: 637.50KB, Downloaded 2456 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2006 01:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #157231 is a reply to message #157207] Wed, 01 February 2006 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Malar,

The steps you have followed are NOT the recommended way of creating a user in Oracle. The recommended way is, to use the create user command to create the user. to give one example :

SQL> create user tmp11 identified by tmp11
2 default tablespace TBS01
3 quota unlimited on TBS01
4 quota unlimited on TBI01
5 quota 0 on SYSTEM
6 temporary tablespace TEMP01;

User created.

SQL> grant connect, resource, create sequence, query rewrite, create table, create view,
2 create materialized view to TMP11;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect tmp11/tmp11@mnph
Connected.

(Thus i created the user tmp11 and gave him some previlages..remember that the previlages you give have to give may be different depending on your requirement.)

You can refer to Oracle docs at
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/users.htm#15245

for details..
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #157380 is a reply to message #157231] Thu, 02 February 2006 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
malar_dm
Hi,

Thanks a lot, for ur timely help. The problem get solved. I created a new username & password. But another doubt arises, in the connectivity of database from sql*plus to Forms Builder(d2k), I m not able to connect the database. It shows error message stating (ORA -12560:TNS: protocol adaptor error).

From my knowledge, I went to ODBC Data Source Administrator and select connection pooling, in that I select the oracle and enable it and click apply & ok. But it not get connected.

I herewith attach the print screen for easy understanding.

Username : system
Password : password

Pls do help….

Thank u.

With regards
Malar.d

Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #157383 is a reply to message #157380] Thu, 02 February 2006 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
thank you Malar..about the connectivity issue, sorry I do not know ,some experts in oracle networking will help there.
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185321 is a reply to message #157207] Tue, 01 August 2006 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neeraj_goyal06

sir i want oracle9i user name and password so plz send me the user name and password on my id neeraj_goyal06@yahoo.co.in
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185322 is a reply to message #157207] Tue, 01 August 2006 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neeraj_goyal06

sir i want oracle9i user name and password so plz forward username and password on my id neeraj_goyal06@yahoo.co.in
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185325 is a reply to message #185322] Tue, 01 August 2006 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Not sure what you mean actually. anyway check for a user named scott and its password tiger in your installation.
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185332 is a reply to message #157207] Tue, 01 August 2006 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neeraj_goyal06

sir i got ur mail but user name:scott and password:tiger
is not working in oracle 9i.i want oracle 9i default username and password.so plz help me sir..forward username and password on my e-mail id neeraj_goyal06@yahoo.co.in
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185335 is a reply to message #185332] Tue, 01 August 2006 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
try system/manager

but again i do not know why scott/tiger would not work..interact in the forum instead of mail. what is the error u get?
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185340 is a reply to message #185321] Tue, 01 August 2006 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neeraj_goyal06

sir in oracle 9i in navigator oracle enterprise manager console standalone i want to access system data base.and it require username and password to access sysDba.so what is the username and password to access system database in navigator oracle enterprise manager console standalone.plz reply me on my id neeraj_goyal06@yahoo.co.in
Re: Creation of New Username & Password in SQL*PLUS? [message #185342 is a reply to message #185340] Tue, 01 August 2006 05:10 Go to previous message
orausern
By default the password is: change_on_install for user sys.
For sys, you have to connect as sysdba.
But remember that the password may have changed..ask ur dba for what is the password..
i get mail send failure when i try to send mail to you..

Previous Topic: Column level Security for application users
Next Topic: OLS does not appear to work for PROXY connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:09 CDT 2024