Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Modify other schema's Package (Oracle 11g)
Modify other schema's Package [message #641706] Thu, 20 August 2015 08:43 Go to next message
mvmkandan
Hi Experts,

I want to know that how to modify other schema's Package.

Example:

I have package "XXX" inside AppAdmin schema.

I have another schema "AppUser" and I want to make changes on AppAdmin.XXX package and need to compile.

To resolve the issue, what grant do i need to give to AppUser from AppAdmin.

Thanks,
Veera

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Fri, 21 August 2015 00:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modify other schema's Package [message #641709 is a reply to message #641706] Thu, 20 August 2015 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
alter any procedure.
Which is stupidly powerful and should never be granted.
The correct thing to do is the thing you seem to want to avoid - log in as AppAdmin to change the package.
Re: Modify other schema's Package [message #641710 is a reply to message #641706] Thu, 20 August 2015 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
The simplest solution is to login as AppAdmin.
Re: Modify other schema's Package [message #641723 is a reply to message #641706] Fri, 21 August 2015 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You'd rather not do that. Privileges that AppUser needs are way too powerful (ALTER ANY PROCEDURE to modify it, possibly CREATE ANY PROCEDURE and/or DROP ANY PROCEDURE). Granting those privileges, AppUser would be able to modify any procedure/package in that database, not only the ones owned by AppAdmin.

If AppUser should modify AppAdmin's objects, a less dangerous option is to let AppUser know AppAdmin's password so that he'd be able to connect to AppAdmin's schema and do those changes.

However, why would AppUser modify AppAdmin's objects? That doesn't sound well.

P.S. The OP created two topics for the same problem; I didn't realize that it was already answered until I saw the duplicate.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 August 2015 00:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modify other schema's Package [message #641726 is a reply to message #641706] Fri, 21 August 2015 01:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

One simple way is to ask your DBA to grant SYSDBA to AppUser then this issue will not happen anymore for any thing you want to do.

Of course, you will soon need your DBA to restore the database.

Previous Topic: oracle listener
Next Topic: Incoming / outcoming (dblinks) connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:41:59 CDT 2024