Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Troubleshooting EBS middle-tier server crash (E-Business Suite 11.5.10.2, OEL5)
Troubleshooting EBS middle-tier server crash [message #626311] Fri, 24 October 2014 11:46 Go to next message
rzavadich
Hi Everyone

Customer is running EBS 11.5.10.2 with separate single-instane DB server (say db01) running on OEL5 x64, separate server for Concurrent Processing (mt01) / Admin and separate server for Web and Forms (mt02) - running on OEL5 x32.
Recently we encountered an issue which caused total mt02 server crash. After bringing up the server the issue repeated less than in 24 hours. Our sysadmin provided resource usage statistics report which shows high I/O, Memory, Swap, CPU, asking to check on app side what could cause this issue:

Quote:
System started swaping after running out of memory. All the swap ended up being used and this caused load to spike heavily on the system hanging the system.

Can we investigate from the application side was happening on this system at this time to cause this load spike?

Thanks
Ruslan
Re: Troubleshooting EBS middle-tier server crash [message #626312 is a reply to message #626311] Fri, 24 October 2014 12:08 Go to previous message
John Watson
You can look at the various logs (start with the Apache access log, perhaps) to see if there was burst of activity, but I would ask your SA to investigate if there is some non-EBS issue. The 11.5.10.2 tech stack is pretty reliable (and old Smile ) so I would not expect any component suddenly to grab masses of virtual memory.
Previous Topic: Oracle EBS UAE & Oman Clients
Next Topic: EBS VM Networking Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:31:53 CDT 2024