Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions (Forms 10g 10.1.2.0.2 , windows xp)
change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #515658] Tue, 12 July 2011 13:35 Go to next message
aaichah
CM: 2 merged

hi,
I have a database block that refreshes using a timer.
In short, I list all open work pieces for a certain garage, displaying route, run, on_time, of_time, location grouped by garage, on_time, off_time

I need to highlight every garage with a different color
I am highlighting the on_time everytime the garage changes.

The problem is, everytime I move down the records, instead of keeping the previous garage color, and highlight the new garage on_time with a new color, the whole on_time colomun will be set to the current garage color.

I need to break down the block by color so the user can distinguish between the different garages, and the start and end time.

Here is my code, I am putting it in when_new_record_instance of the work_block:

IF :work_bLock.current_garage = 9006 THEN
Set_Item_Property('work_block.on_time', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r191g223b191');
ELSIF :work_bLock.current_garage = 9002 THEN
Set_Item_Property('work_block.on_time', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r255g228b196');
ELSE
Set_Item_Property('work_block.on_time', BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'r255g250b250');
END IF;

I need the block to be 3 or more different colors depending on the garage
Can this be done at run time?

Thank you

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2011 14:07] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #515662 is a reply to message #515658] Tue, 12 July 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Use set_item_instance_property
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #515861 is a reply to message #515658] Wed, 13 July 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaichah
That worked great
here is the code that works for the question above:
in the post_query of the database block:
IF :work_bLock.current_garage = 9002 THEN
set_item_instance_property( 'work_block.current_garage', CURRENT_RECORD, VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE, 'DISPLAY_CRRNT_VA' );
ELSIF :work_bLock.current_garage = 9006 THEN
set_item_instance_property( 'work_block.current_garage', CURRENT_RECORD, VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE, 'ALERT_VA' );
END IF;
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #660883 is a reply to message #515861] Tue, 28 February 2017 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nido143
Hi,
I have a problem with visual attributes. I have set current record visual attribute as 'PINK'. Then I have put two triggers on form level:

1.WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE and code for this "SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM,CURRENT_RECORD,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE ,'YELLOW')" this is to change the background color of current item not whole record.

2.POST-TEXT-ITEM and code for this is:
"SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM,CURRENT_RECORD,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE ,'PINK')" this changes the background color of previous item again 'PINK' which is current record attribute.

Now I want to change the previous record background color as DEFAULT i.e, 'WHITE' but this in not changing...the background color of all previous records remains 'PINK'.....

How can I do this.....

kindly tell me the procedure.....

Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #660887 is a reply to message #660883] Tue, 28 February 2017 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Switch to PRE-RECORD trigger.
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #660998 is a reply to message #660887] Sat, 04 March 2017 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nido143
kindly send the code for this trigger and where to use this trigger....
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #661014 is a reply to message #660998] Sun, 05 March 2017 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nido143
Hi,
I have a problem with visual attributes. I have set current record visual attribute as 'PINK'. Then I have put two triggers on form level:

1.WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE and code for this "SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM,CURRENT_RECORD,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE ,'YELLOW')" this is to change the background color of current item not whole record.

2.POST-TEXT-ITEM and code for this is:
"SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY(:SYSTEM.CURRENT_ITEM,CURRENT_RECORD,VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE ,'PINK')" this changes the background color of previous item again 'PINK' which is current record attribute.

Now I want to change the previous record background color as DEFAULT i.e, 'WHITE' but this in not changing...the background color of all previous records remains 'PINK'.....

How can I do this.....

kindly tell me the procedure.....

The form is attached for convenience......
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #661027 is a reply to message #661014] Sun, 05 March 2017 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnGuru
Try this option in Post-Record Trigger -

Set_Record_Property('BL_NAME' , Current_record , Visual_Attribute , NULL); 
-- If NULL is not working , create a VA with White Background & replace it.
Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #661217 is a reply to message #661027] Fri, 10 March 2017 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nido143
Dear this is not working...............

which keyword is used for previous record...I have to change the color of previous record.

can anybody help me please........

[Updated on: Fri, 10 March 2017 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: change records visual attribute depending on certain conditions [message #661220 is a reply to message #661217] Sat, 11 March 2017 01:38 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you were already told: PRE-RECORD and POST-RECORD triggers are the ones to be used. In PRE-RECORD set visual attributes of the records you are navigating to (for example, make the items pink). In POST-RECORD, which fires when you're navigating out of that record, set them back to "default" state (for example, white).
Previous Topic: How to Find Updated Rows in Oracle Forms 10 g
Next Topic: How to call Matching Record
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:54:49 CDT 2024