Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » PDF report printing. (Solaris,Oracle 10g)
PDF report printing. [message #382140] Wed, 21 January 2009 02:28 Go to next message
akshat
I am using reports command rwrun to generate a pdf report on Solaris. The problem is that I get a postscript when I try to print the pdf. I have tried using ps2pdf and ghostscript but no success. Please let me know any other solution.
Re: PDF report printing. [message #382150 is a reply to message #382140] Wed, 21 January 2009 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This question bears no connection with Oracle.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic will be locked if you don't tell what is the relation with Oracle.

Regards
Michel
Re: PDF report printing. [message #382266 is a reply to message #382150] Wed, 21 January 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Michel Cadot wrote on Wed, 21 January 2009 01:01

This question bears no connection with Oracle.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic will be locked if you don't tell what is the relation with Oracle.

Rwrun is a command line keyword that runs a report using the Oracle Application Service Reports Services in-process server. By the time I found this topic, it was less than 8 hours after it was posted and it was already locked, which of course prevents the original poster from responding to how it is related to Oracle. Therefore, I will unlock this topic and move it to the application server forum.

Re: PDF report printing. [message #396428 is a reply to message #382140] Mon, 06 April 2009 10:55 Go to previous message
rokky
It would help if you show the version of OAS and the parameters and options used with the rwrun commmand.

Do you specify desformat=pdf ? Per the OAS Reports doc, the desformat=dflt results in "The report output is sent to a file that uses the default printer driver to format the report (for example, a PostScript driver generates PostScript output format). "

The Solaris envirnonment variable settings used by the user and the for the Id you run Reports with are crucial to how issues like this are handled. In addition to default and user-specific shell profiles, there are several OAS/Reports files that control that - both in scripts and xml config files, so check the docs as to what those are, and where to find them (don't ask me - I have not worked with Reports for several years, but I do remember that).

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2009 10:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Application server prepration books
Next Topic: Oracle application server shutdown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:51:52 CDT 2024