Home » RDBMS Server » Security » license information
license information [message #341364] Mon, 18 August 2008 10:00 Go to next message
nani_ar
Hi,
I would like to know the list of options/products installed in my database, which have licenses. When I query V$option, it gives the installed options/features. But how to find out whether they are licensed or not. Is there any way to find out the licensed products from the database.

All the replies are welcome.

Regards
nani
Re: license information [message #341366 is a reply to message #341364] Mon, 18 August 2008 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> Is there any way to find out the licensed products from the database.
No, not as far as i know.
Re: license information [message #341369 is a reply to message #341364] Mon, 18 August 2008 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
There is no license information as full Oracle products are available to any. There is no (technical or functional) limit due to your license, you must just not use products for which you have no license.

Nevertheless, you can set LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS or LICENSE_MAX_USERS parameters if you want to be warned when you approach or exceed this limit.
You can also follow resources you use using v$license.
dba_feature_usage_statistics view also show what features you use.

Regards
Michel
Re: license information [message #341517 is a reply to message #341364] Tue, 19 August 2008 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nani_ar
Hi Michel,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I too know that there may not be any information about the license in the database. My concern was how to find out the licensed products in our system databases. If any external/internal audit occurs, how to cross check the available paper licenses and the installed options. If any audit personnel asks us about the verification of licenses, how to proceed.

Sorry if I m wrong in posting the question.

Regards
nani
Re: license information [message #341519 is a reply to message #341517] Tue, 19 August 2008 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alanm

hi,
try looking at the following link

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/oracle10g/pdf/twp_general_10gdb_product_family.pdf

then see what options you are using and what you actually purchased.

regards

Alan

[Updated on: Tue, 19 August 2008 03:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: license information [message #341649 is a reply to message #341517] Tue, 19 August 2008 15:27 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> If any external/internal audit occurs, how to cross check the available paper licenses and the installed options?
The way it works is,
You can download anything and start working on it until they come
and get you Smile.
Unlike most of the products there are no "keys" to be installed, there
is no place you can look for license.

Only your internal IT Liaison handling licenses would have a paper trail to support the licensed products. If you have a metalink account, your profile with CSI you are using will also show
the product you have the support for. It may not be very accurate, but worth a try.
Call your account executive@oracle and they can assist you better.
Previous Topic: What system privillege
Next Topic: Execution plan privileges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:01:18 CDT 2024