Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How to setup a job to identify any trace file which contains "ORA-" in it (9.2.0.8.0 on AIX 5.3)
How to setup a job to identify any trace file which contains "ORA-" in it [message #335356] Mon, 21 July 2008 23:26 Go to next message
philips
I'm find it difficult to go through all the trace files that are been generated on /bdump and /udump areas. I need to automated it such a way that I will have to go through only trace file which contains "ORA-" since most of the time it is associate with a error massage . Please let me know the best way of doing it.

Re: How to setup a job to identify any trace file which contains "ORA-" in it [message #335358 is a reply to message #335356] Mon, 21 July 2008 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & follow the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

>Please let me know the best way of doing it.
Establish a proper environment such that no ORA- errors exist.
I get less than 1 such entries every 2 months.

A simple script using grep makes it trivial to extract errors.

Please post specific examples of your errors.
Re: How to setup a job to identify any trace file which contains "ORA-" in it [message #336065 is a reply to message #335356] Thu, 24 July 2008 11:50 Go to previous message
grumpydba
Pay more attention to your alertSID.log file using grep or awk or such, or better yet OEM or Grid control, errors in the log will point back to the any trace files that may be helpful in diagnosing a problem. Otherwise, I tend to delete any trace files over a week or two old with a script in cron, similar to:

05 22 * * * /usr/bin/find /oracle/product/admin \( -name "*.aud" -o -name "*.trc" \) -mtime +7 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \;

Cheers

Jay

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2008 11:53] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: INDEX
Next Topic: ORA-01667: cannot add any more tablespaces: limit of exceeded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:38:36 CDT 2024